I've been inspired by the many family members and friends who have blogs. I just love reading theirs and thought it would be fun to have one for our own family. Enjoy!!
On Sunday, we had Chase baptised at St. Sebastian Church in Akron, OH. He did great and pretty much slept through the whole ceremony, just waking slightly when his head got a little wet! Chase's Godparents were his Grandpa Oberhaus and Grammy Kathy. We're hoping they will help Mike and I raise Chase to know and love God.
I can't believe I'm starting a new project (a blog) with my new son only 2 months old! But what a great way to capture the memories. Chase has been a wonderful baby and a blessing. He is very easy going and so smooshable! We just LOVE him. He is smiling a lot now and is growing so fast. What a change from the girls to have a big, hefty baby!
Jordanne is adjusting to her baby brother rather well. She's been a little moody towards her Dad and me, but sometimes I don't know if that's just her being 3 years old! School started the dad before Chase was born, so adjusting to preschool and leaving mommy and all the excitement at home proved a little more challenging. The drop off is slowly becoming an easier process, although Jo and I did separate in tears a few times. JO is doing great at school and her teachers Miss Mary and Miss Molly says she is their big helper. "Big" is not describing her size either since she is at least 10-12 inches shorter than most of her class. But her spunk makes up for what she lacks in size. Nobody will walk all over her.
Mike and I just had Elizabeth's and Kaila's school conferences on Tuesday. We started with Kaila's 3rd grad teachers Mr. Bonezzi and Mrs. Yu. She has two teachers this year who job share. Mrs. Yu teaches English, Spelling, Reading and Mr. B teaches Math, Science, and Social Studies. I'm always a little hesitant going into K's conferences because she always seems so distracted and uncompliant at home. But this year was no different than the last few and Kaila is doing a great job in class. She loves to participate. Her strong subjects are math and science--hmmm....I wonder where she gets that from? Spelling is her struggle and she still managed a "B." We are so proud of our young lady who is growing up too fast!
Elizabeth is in Kindergarten now and gets to ride the bus to Sharon Elementary w/ Kaila now. She loves school. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't get to go every day. They are on an all day/every other day schedule. I just keep telling her to enjoy her days off while they last. I'm loving them! Biz's teacher describes her as a ball of brightness and says she is doing great in class. Did we ever have a doubt??
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is fun. Thanks for sharing yours too. Love you all, Aunt Debbie
Post a Comment